Review: Tacos Chalito

Angelica Bartorelli, Staff Reporter

tacotruck

Tacos Chalito is a local taco truck company that will be celebrating 20 years of business this summer.

Established in 1997 by Maria and Ellis Garcia, Tacos Chalito is now run by their son, Christyan Garcia along with his family.

Traveling from Stockton, Cali. to Ellensburg, Wash. encouraged his family to get involved in the community.

They began by supplying authentic family recipes passed down from Christyan Garcia’s grandmother, to his mother and then to him.

Garcia prepares his meals the same way his family always has: using fresh produce, dairy and customized cuts of meat.

The restaurant has a variety of homemade dishes to choose from, but the most popular, Garcia said, is the Super Burrito.

This burrito is made with a 12-inch tortilla and topped with veggies, sour cream, cheese, beans, tomatoes, avocado and the customer’s choice of meat.

The Super Burrito is true to its description and the variety of flavors and spices makes this a dish that anyone can enjoy.

Tacos Chalito hopes to put a smile on each customers face by giving them an opportunity to experience an array of different toppings, spices and homemade salsas, Garcia said.

The menu at Tacos Chalito is always expanding, Garcia said, and there is a new menu item added every week.

The biggest innovative approach to the menu took place the summer of 2014, when they added a $5 meal section so that all of their food is at an affordable price.

This addition to their menu was especially nice for the college students that regularly eat at Tacos Chalito, whom they try to accomodate as much as possible.