Student government recognizes 22 clubs, allocates $1100 for homecoming shirts

Troy R. Peterson, Staff Reporter

On Oct 7, about 30 people gathered in the SURC pit for a meeting of the Associated Students of Central Washington University (ASCWU). The meeting primarily addressed the recognition of clubs for the academic year. It also allocated money for homecoming shirts and revised the Tech Fee Committee Agreement.

The first act of new business for the student government was a measure to revise the Tech Fee Committee Agreement. The measure addressed a typo in the original measure, which incorrectly placed the tech fee at $35. The revision lowered the fee to $30. The motion also removed dial up from supported services.

The motion was passed 6-0-0.

The second item of new business was the allocation of $1100 for homecoming t-shirts. The motion proposed 100 shirts to give out during games, which a t-shirt canon which was provided by a cabinet member.

The motion was passed 5-0-1.

Out of the 32 clubs to be recognized by the ASCWU, which met the requirements for ASCWU recognition. However, only 22 appeared and presented the necessary information for recognition.  The clubs which appeared at the meeting included Biology Club, Pre-Pharmacy Club, College Republicans, and Gamers Enjoying Each others Company (G.E.E.C.).

The motion to approve all present clubs for official recognition was passed 5-0-1.

Josh Mutart and Chase Tibbles were recognized for Services and Activities Committee for the 2014-2015 academic year. The motion to recognize them was passed 5-0-1.

There were no comments from the public presented for public record at the ASCWU meeting.