May the FOURTH be with you

A long time ago, in a state, somewhat far away, a franchise was born. This franchise would become one of the world’s biggest and most popular movie franchises. In 1977 George Lucas created the Star Wars saga, a group of movies that would take the world by storm. Now every May 4th we celebrate the movies with a dedicated day known as, “May the Fourth Be With You”, a play on the phrase from the movies, “May the Force be with you”. CWU celebrated this holiday right, with a fun night packed with Star Wars-themed trivia and a show from CWU’s improv group, The Hot New Jam!

The Star Wars-themed trivia was put on by S.W.A.P, also known as, Students With A Purpose. This trivia was a great way to start the night, with fun questions, jokes, and prizes! Not to mention, everyone who participated in the trivia was given a lightsaber pool noodle to take home! The attendance was the largest turnout for trivia night all year, with people filling up the pit and overflowing onto the sides and by Cat Trax East! The participants didn’t walk home empty-handed tonight, there were many prizes given out during the event. There were big prizes for those who placed in the top 3 spots, and a prize was given away to the best costume. Prizes were given out during the trivia as well to participants with big streaks, big comebacks and fast answers! Overall, it was a great start to the evening, the event was full of laughter, good vibes and real Jedi energy. 

The trivia night was followed by a great performance from the Hot New Jam, CWU’s best and only improv group. The group started off the night with introductions, as well as their Star Wars personas and some jokes to get the crowd going. The Hot New Jam was as talented and hilarious as ever, and introduced some new games to the audience! The audience was loud and rowdy as always, cheering on our improv group as they made up scenes, characters and jokes, then and there. The Hot New Jam shows are open to all students, staff, and community members to come see. Their last show of the quarter will be in a couple of weeks on May 25, be sure to show up and show out for the wonderful Hot New Jam! 

Ultimately, The events on campus for May 4th did not disappoint! From the trivia to the improv show, the night was fun, entertaining and full of laughter. Our wildcats came out to support and celebrate this holiday right! Thank you to SWAP for hosting a great night of trivia, and thank you to The Hot New Jam for a great performance!