Executive Leadership Team faces upcoming change

Schactler and Bohman to leave CWU; replacements will be announced soon

Sean Bessette, Editor in Chief

Two members of CWU’s Executive Leadership Team are leaving the university, according to a release from President Jim Wohlpart on Feb. 23.

Chief of Staff Linda Schactler will be leaving to work in public affairs consulting. She will remain in her position until June 1.

Schactler has worked for the university for 12 years. She worked as Vice President of Public Affairs and Executive Director of Public Affairs prior to her current role. Additionally, she has been serving as Secretary to the Board of Trustees.

“Linda’s leadership in the President’s office will be missed tremendously. She has a great deal of knowledge about CWU and offers me great wisdom and counsel on a daily basis,” the release stated.

Wohlpart credited Schactler for helping diversify board appointments, navigating the Great Recession and coordinating the presidential search that took place last year.

According to the release, Wohlpart will start a national search to find her replacement, but “filling her shoes will be a major effort.”

Vice President of Operations Andreas Bohman will be joining the University of Washington as the Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer (CIO).

Bohman’s last day at CWU will be March 15, according to the release. Wohlpart will announce an interim vice president soon.

“Andreas leaves behind a strong team that also helped create the first incubation of a tech start-up on campus, establish both the Sustainability and Project Management Office, and support a safe and secure campus,” the release stated.

Bohman has been working for the university since 2013. He started as Chief Information Security Officer, transitioned to CIO and has currently been working as Vice President of Operations. He has also taught within the Information Technology and Administrative Management department.