CWU football continues their five game win streak

Leah Shepherd, Staff Reporter

Over the weekend, CWU headed down Western New Mexico University (WNMU) to repeat their efforts after their 92-0 win against Lincoln University. Multiple CWU football players had new career highs during the 54-29 win, which extended their winning streak to five games.  

Freshman quarterback Quincy Glasper passed for a career high of 452 yards, with 5 touchdowns and graduate student receiver Jojo Hillel, caught 11 passes for 78 yards and a touchdown.

The game started with a touchdown by junior running back Rashaad Boddie with 7:32 left in the first quarter with 6-0 due to the extra point being missed. 

Right before halftime sophomore wide receiver Daniel Johnson caught a quick 4-yard touchdown, then Glasper threw a quick pass while the offensive line created a hole that freshman running back Tyler Flanagan was able to run through for a 42-yard touchdown. At halftime the Wildcats held control of the game leading 20-6. 

After failing to score on its opening drive and surrendering a touchdown on WNMU’s first drive of the half. junior kicker Patrick Hegarty kicked a 31-yard field goal to make the score 23-13. After holding WNMU to a field goal on their next drive, Glasper led another strong drive that ended with Flanagan running in for another touchdown that extended the lead to 30-16. 

Another Glasper touchdown pass, this time a 25-yard connection with sophomore wide receiver Kellen Gregory, made it 37-16 with just seconds remaining in the third. 

Hegarty made another field goal of 28-yards. Glasper then put the game out of reach with two more touchdown throws to sophomore wide receiver Tai-John Mizutani and Hillel ending the game with 54-29 score.

The Wildcats (7-2) will play Simon Fraiser at home for the final game of the year on Nov. 13 at 1 p.m.