Virtual events to be hosted by CWU during spring quarter

Abigail Duchow, Senior Reporter

To keep students engaged and entertained, even while being at home, CWU is putting on virtual events throughout the quarter.

Many of these events will be held via Zoom, a video conference app, and other apps and websites.

Links to events can be found via CWU Hype and CWU’s Events Calendar.

Ronnie Hindman, the special events coordinator for Campus Activities, said Campus Activities is working hard to provide events for spring quarter.

Hindman recommends students follow CWU Hype and Campus Activities on social media to stay up-to-date with activities that will be happening throughout the quarter.

Monday Movie Madness

Monday Movie Madness will be continued virtually through Netflix Party, a Google Chrome web extension.

To participate, students have to have a Netflix account, Google Chrome and the Netflix Party extension downloaded. Monday Movie Madness on April 20 will be a viewing of Space Jam.

Open Mic Nights

Open Mic Nights will open to all and be held via Zoom. If students want to sign up to participate in Open Mic Night, they can do so by direct messaging Campus Activities on Instagram.

Geek Out Game Out

Geek Out Game Out is an event that is hosted by Campus Activities. Students can participate in playing different online games with other students on a browser and connecting on Zoom.

The next Geek Out Game Out session will be on Tuesday, April 28 at 7 p.m.

ASCWU Meetings

ASCWU meetings will be held via Zoom this quarter. Agendas will be posted to their website the Monday before each meeting. These meetings will be open for all to attend, with the first held on April 15 at 1 p.m.

Present Moments with the Diversity and Equity Center

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Diversity and Equity Center will be hosting online weekly sessions to de-stress from school and life through the “practice of mindfulness and mediation,” according to CWU Hype.

Other Events and Activities

According to Hindman, there will be other events held as well such as Bingo and weekly discussions on some of the best videos from the popular app Tik Tok.

On Friday, April 17, at 7 p.m. the Office of International Studies and Programs will be hosting a game night.

This event will be hosted by different hosts and different games will be played weekly.

Campus Activities will be hosting a virtual karaoke night on Saturday, April 18.

Students can join at 8 p.m. via Zoom and sing along to their favorite songs with other students.

CWU is holding many more virtual events and workshops throughout the quarter for students to participate in.

Upcoming workshops will be discussing topics such as applying to graduate school, building a good resume and how to present yourself for a job interview.