OPR takes on Meadow Mountain snowshoeing

Departing from SEATAC on a clear day offers views of the cascade mountain range. The cascades give opportunity to hiking, skiing and snowshoeing to all who live
nearby.

Departing from SEATAC on a clear day offers views of the cascade mountain range. The cascades give opportunity to hiking, skiing and snowshoeing to all who live nearby.

Tianbai Dun, Staff Reporter

CWU’s Outdoor Pursuits and Rentals (OPR) will hold another snowshoe activity in the eastern Cascade Mountains on March 2.

OPR staff member Kendall Kramer said that the OPR staff chose Meadow Mountain as their destination because they would prefer to stay local. Meadow Mountain ended up being the best opportunity to get off campus and go outside to try something new because the trip will provide a great setting for students to socialize with fellow participants.

According to Kramer, there is a pre-trip meeting scheduled to take place on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. Kramer said that the meeting will provide information on safety precautions and an overview of what to bring and expect on the trip. Kramer added that this is also a great time for students to raise any questions or concerns they may have about the trip.

“It is the beginning and intermediate level, and the trip leaders will help to use the ski sets, so students do not need to worry about it,” Kramer said.

Kramer also said that the trip will cost $32 for CWU students and $39 for non-students. The trip departs at 10 a.m. from the OPR office and gets back to campus at around 6 p.m. If students want to get more information about OPR adventure trips, they can go to the OPR office which is connected to the SURC and located to the left of the east patio off 11th street.