Celebrate Valentine’s Day with events and specials

Cassandra Hays, Scene Editor

With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, many people are still looking to make plans with their loved ones. While it may seem like there is nothing romantic to do in town, there are plenty of activities and specials around Ellensburg to celebrate Valentine’s Day whether you are single or in a relationship.

Ellensburg Floral and Gifts, located at 120 E 4th Ave, is known for their handcrafted floral arrangements. Owner Dottie Rogers said that Ellensburg Floral strives to make each arrangement special.

“We want to design each one uniquely,” Rogers said. “We’re going to make every [arrangement] special for each person.”

She adds that each order is custom made, and the shop never pre-arranges its flowers. They pride themselves on having many unique varieties of flowers, all of which are fresh and of great quality. According to Rogers, roses are the most popular flower among their customers on Valentine’s Day. Each year at least 1000 roses get ordered for the occasion, each carefully selected based on factors such as petal count.

For Valentine’s Day, Ellensburg Floral offers packages such as the Cup of Valentine’s Love, which includes a Valentine’s themed mug with a floral arrangement, an Ultimate Chocolate Lover’s Basket, which includes a teddy bear and a variety of chocolates, and several other arrangements.

Those looking for a romantic dining experience could attend Valentine’s Day at Canyon River Ranch, for which tickets are currently on sale. Tickets include a five-course meal catered by The Canyon River Grill as well as champagne and roses delivered upon arrival. The ranch is also offering discounted rates on Lodge suites for the night for those who purchase a dinner ticket. Canyon River Ranch is located at 14700 Canyon Rd. Reservations are available for 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. time slots. For something a little more casual, The Buzz Inn steakhouse will also be offering a Valentine’s special starting at 4 p.m. Thursday evening. Customers can enjoy a three-course dinner for two for $37.99. The meal includes a choice of top sirloin or salmon fillet with lemon garlic butter, potato or steamed vegetables and a dessert.

Single this year? Have no fear. The Blue Rock Saloon will be hosting a Valentine’s Heartbreak Party for those who would rather go out than spend a romantic night in. Those who attend can expect to see $2 Valentine’s shots and $2 surprise shots on the menu. The party starts at 10 p.m. on Thursday night. Regular Thursday night drink specials, such as $1 beers and $5 teas, will still be available during the event.