Ski and snowboard bus welcomes students

Ski and snowboard bus welcomes students

OPR ski & snowboard buses currently depart every Tuesday and are a great way for students to get some work in on the slopes. Whether you’re just beginning or ready
to give lessons, the OPR wants to provide this experience to anybody who is interested.

OPR ski & snowboard buses currently depart every Tuesday and are a great way for students to get some work in on the slopes. Whether you’re just beginning or ready to give lessons, the OPR wants to provide this experience to anybody who is interested.

Tianbai Dun, Staff Reporter

Ellensburg is gearing up for another cold winter season, and that means interesting and exciting activities for CWU students and the Ellensburg community. Skiing is one of the activities that students can have fun pursuing in the coming months. Outdoor Pursuits and Rentals (OPR) is a well-known place on CWU’s campus where anybody can rent winter sports equipment.

OPR staff member Tonya Morrey said that for the time being, ski buses depart every Tuesday from the OPR office at 3:15 p.m. and return to campus around 9:30 p.m. the same day. Morrey added that the buses cost $10 for CWU students and $12 for non-students.

“Join the OPR crew on these Tuesdays for a bus ride up to Snoqualmie Pass and have some fun skiing at night,” Morrey said.

Morrey also said that sledding and snow tubing are offered as well and are great for those who may not be into skiing and snowboarding.

OPR encourages participants to develop through their outdoor experience. Whether it’s building a solid community of friends through rafting or enhancing your academic research through adventure, OPR will challenge you to become a stronger person, and the ski and snowboard bus is just one example.