De-stressing during finals week

Matt Escamilla, Staff Reporter

Finals week can be stressful. The CWU library and wellness center provide options for students to de-stress and handle the grueling last days of the quarter. Here are some events going on around campus as finals week approaches.

June 2

“Dinos after Dark” is a screening of Jurassic World on the North and Barto Lawns from 8:30 p.m to midnight. Activities and snacks will be available before and during the movie.

June 4

Paws and Relax on the second floor of the CWU library, room 288. Six therapy dogs will be availble to relieve stress from 4 to 7 p.m.

There will also be a zen garden in the library lobby.

June 5

Waffle night on the second floor of the library in the fishbowl study commons.

Enjoy coffee, tea and many different waffle toppings from 8 to 9:30 p.m.

The library staff can see frustration in students during finals week. Student Engagement and Community Outreach Librarian Maureen Rust said.

“When they [students] come to our special events like paws and relax and waffle night, I observe a distressing moment,” said Student Engagement and Community Outreach Librarian Maureen Rust. “The therapy dogs really help with stress levels.”

Waffle night has been a popular event in past quarters. Between 1200 to 1500 waffles are served on average. The lines can be long; Rust advises students to be patient.

“We find it’s a really nice time for students to just take a break and check out for half an hour and get fueled up,” Rust said.