By the students, for the students of Central Washington University

The Observer

By the students, for the students of Central Washington University

The Observer

By the students, for the students of Central Washington University

The Observer

All content by Forrest Hollingsworth
Washington Legislature voted to reduce tuition by 20 percent by 2016

Historic tuition cut for Central students

October 7, 2015

Until recently, the cost of higher education had been on the rise, but in a historical decision by the Washington state legislature, tuition is finally seeing a decrease. "I hope that the recent decrease...

Continue Reading

OPINION: Your landlord is not your babysitter

July 26, 2015

In the last month, the bathroom floor of the house I rent started sinking into the basement. The next day, my fridge completely stopped working and the day after that, the power went out completely with...

Continue Reading

Students Have Mixed Opinions on Plan for Big Capital Budget

July 19, 2015

For the second budget year in a row, Central has won Washington State legislators’ favor. The university has been awarded a staggeringly large capital budget fund of more than $95.2 million dollars according...

Continue Reading
Washington State cuts tuition at state institutions

Washington State cuts tuition at state institutions

July 12, 2015

  ast week, Washington State’s government announced that it would be cutting college tuition by 5 percent in the upcoming year and, by 15 percent in the following for a total cut of 20 percent...

Continue Reading

LGBTQIA+ Students and Their Allies Remain Cautiously Optimistic after SCOTUS Decision

July 7, 2015

  On Friday, June 26, The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) made a decision that changed the definition of love, and marriage, legally in the United States forever. Same sex marriage...

Continue Reading