CWU Recreation Center hosting its own Squid Game for CWUp Late week

Courtesy of Netflix

Ty Mcphee, Staff Reporter

The Netflix show Squid Game is coming to the Recreation center as part of CWUp Late week. The game will span two days, Tuesday Feb 1. and Thursday Feb 3. 

The first night of games will feature Red Light Green Light and Tug of War with the Hopscotch bridge and Squid game happening on the last night. 

Due to the nature of some of the games, they’re going to be altered to accommodate the space and how contestants will be eliminated. 

Samantha Wary, senior coordinator of sports and camp programs, has helped organize the event and is working to get the games figured out for students to compete in. 

“We’re going to try and do [Squid Game] as close to the actual game as we can get,” Wary said.

“We’re hoping to get between 50 and 100 people, I would call it a really great success,” Wary said.

Last quarter, students were able to participate in Shivers and Quivers, a halloween themed archery tag event held by the Recreation Center. Wary said that if it becomes popular she could see it sticking around and being featured in other quarters.

The prize that students will be fighting for is being kept under wraps, but students can expect to win a CWU Champions shirt which has been featured in other events