Wildcats thump Lincoln, break multiple school and conference records

Football team sets multiple school records in 92-0 victory

Courtesy of CWU Athletics

Jared Galanti, Sports Editor

The CWU football team came to play last Saturday, Oct. 30 blowing out Lincoln University 92-0. Multiple school and Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNAC) records were broken along the way. 

According to Wildcats athletics, CWU (6-2) set both school and GNAC records for most points in a half (56), most points in a game (92) and most touchdowns in a game (13). Kicker Pat Hegarty tied a GNAC record for most extra points made in a game (10).

The Wildcats combined for 435 yards of total offense and 22 first downs while the defense held Lincoln to just 38 yards of total offense and six first downs. They also allowed negative seven total rush yards throughout the whole game. 

All three quarterbacks who had snaps through at least one touchdown, with sophomore JJ Lemming throwing three to go along with 67 yards passing, two rushing touchdowns and one receiving touchdown. 

Senior cornerback/ running back Davine Tullis led CWU in rushing with 128 yards on nine attempts (14.2 avg) and two touchdowns. 

The Wildcats have two games left to play before playoff seeding. CWU has not made the playoffs since 2017 and ranked three in the first polls released last Monday. They will play at Western New Mexico on Nov. 6 before returning home to play their final home game of the year Nov. 13 against Simon Fraser.