ASCWU expands on upcoming events and forums

ASCWU meeting updates students on CWU events

Katherine Camarata, Staff Reporter

ASCWU members discussed upcoming events including homecoming events and forums during their public meeting Monday afternoon.

This week is homecoming week and, according to Vice President of Student Life and Facilities Alejandra Cruz-Martinez, there are many events planned such as the golf cart parade. ASCWU is sponsoring Wellington’s Wildfire which takes place Thursday at Nicholson Pavilion. 

“We haven’t done any physical, in-person homecoming activities since 2019. It feels really good to restart that again,” Cruz-Martinez said.

The next Center for Cultural Innovation open forum will be held on Nov. 10 from 6 to 7 p.m. in the SURC pit. Students are encouraged to ask questions and get engaged during the forum.

With the opening of the new location, the PUSH pantry has reached out for a need of volunteers. The PUSH pantry will train anybody interested in volunteering for the pantry on Oct. 27 at 6 p.m. in Black Hall 105. 

According to Director of Equity and Multicultural Affairs Mariah Minjarez, The Equity and Services Counsel will meet every Friday from 1 to 3 p.m. in Black Hall 105. This week’s meeting will focus on reviewing the counsel’s constitution. Mariah recommended that students follow @escatcwu on Instagram to get engaged.