Theatre department brings Edgar Allan Poe paintings to life

Abigail Duchow, Scene Editor

On Nov. 5-7 at 7:30 p.m. the theatre department will be bringing Edgar Allan Poe’s paintings to life as a live art exhibit. Small physically distanced groups are invited to walk around the exterior of McConnell Hall and view Edgar Allan Poe’s “paintings” come to life through live scenes performed by CWU theater students in the building.

Tickets can be purchased online at the theatre department’s page for current productions. They are $5 for CWU students and $12 general admission. Face coverings will be required for audience members. In addition to the in-person event, an online presentation is being developed for people who prefer to watch it from home. Those tickets cost $5. 

The description of the production on the theatre department’s website reads “An art exhibit is traveling to town and you don’t want to miss the opportunity to put yourself in the art. Paintings of Edgar Allan Poe texts come to life before your eyes as you wander around the museum for an evening, exploring the mystery and the macabre of Poe’s mind.

Live, devised scenes will be performed within the frames of McConnell Hall. The audience is invited to walk around the exterior, gazing through windows into the activated strokes of Poe’s genius. Audiences will be limited to small groups, so make your plans now and stay tuned for more specific ticket and production information.”