Espresso your thoughts with ASCWU

Eric Rosane, News Editor

The ASCWU Elections Commission and Officers will host an information session on Wednesday, Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. in the SURC Pit for students looking to run for office in spring. This café-style chat is the first of its kind, according to ASCWU Director of Public Relations Thao Luu, and has been organized by Jeff Rosenberry, the executive director of student involvement.

This information session serves as a way for the elections commission and Student Involvement to spread the word about the student-run ASCWU elections that happen every spring.

During these informal sessions, students will get the chance to sit down and talk with current officers and election commissioners about what they can expect when running for office or upholding one.

Luu said she’s really excited to introduce the idea of running in such an exciting way and that the more candidates there are, the better.

“We’re just trying to get more students involved and have that idea that ‘elections are coming up soon, think about getting involved in student government,’” Luu said.

The ASCWU Elections Commission is also in the process of electing two more commissioners to manage the elections, according to Luu. The commission is currently in the process of revising the guidelines and rules for this year’s election.

Election packets and material will be available Thursday, Feb. 1. For more questions, call Jeff Rosenberry.