Free tax filing for Ellensburg
Justine Sisson, Staff Reporter - March 6, 2013
Beta Alpha Psi and the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide are offering a free income tax preparation class. The class is open to Central students and members of the community.
“Many Central students haven’t done their own income taxes so I feel like this is a good opportunity for students to learn,” said sophomore Elizabeth Keck.
The class is an opportunity for individuals to get their 2012 IRS taxes completed for free.
“The members [of Beta Alpha Psi] have been training since January,” said senior Alisha Larion, president of Beta Alpha Psi.
Beta Alpha Psi is the accounting honor society fraternity on campus.
The members are using this income tax preparation as groundwork for when they graduate from college and begin their careers.
The free income tax preparation class “sounds like something I would take advantage of,” sophomore Alexandra Leong said.
The class will be offered in Shaw Smyser room 212 from Feb. 9 to April 13, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What you need to know Text Box
Individuals need to bring the following 2012 documents
• Copy of last year’s income tax return
• W-2 forms or unemployment compensation statements
• Social Security SSA-1099 form
• All 1099 forms for 2012
• All miscellaneous forms showing federal income tax paid
• Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, social security number)
• Receipts and cancelled checks if itemizing deductions
• Social Security card or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents
• Both parties for joint returns must be present to sign