Wildcats look to silence Puget Sound

Jack Lambert

The lacrosse team teamming it up at the end of their practice at the Alder Complex.

Kyvon Henry, Staff Reporter

Coming off a tough loss to Gonzaga, the 5-6 Wildcats lacrosse team has their mind set on striking .500 with a win against the University of Puget Sound (UPS) this weekend.

Saturday will be the first match against the 0-7 UPS squad this season. During last year’s meeting, the Wildcats won the game 9-2.

Freshman defender Riley Peerboom, and junior defender Max Williamson feels positive about the next match. They believe if they play smart, hard and fast they will secure a win.

“If we come out playing our game, we take home the [win],” Williamson said.

Based on Williamson and Peerboom, this season was a minor letdown based on the ability of the team; however, the tide seems to be turning with the teams repaired chemistry.

With the play from their opponent this season they give the illusion of a struggling UPS squad.

Williamson mentioned how UPS isn’t a strong D2 competitor, and how they will play to their strengths to lock down UPS responding with precision passing and cashing in on goal opportunities.

Peerboom predicts a high scoring game between the high-powered offense, and tenacious defensive play if it all clicks.

The game is on Saturday April 16 at Alder Recreation Complex. Face-off is at 1 p.m.