Third recreational marijuana shop, The Fire House, to open in Ellensburg

Brian Cook, Staff Reporter

Firehouse cutoutA third recreational marijuana shop is set to open in the 1700 block of South Canyon Road in Ellensburg, behind the Comfort Inn and near I-90, as early as July of this year. The shop will also sell medicinal marijuana.

Owned by former San Francisco Giants pitcher Ryan Bean, The Fire House will be going for a vintage rustic look with a modern feel.

“We are looking to provide a professional, safe and fun atmosphere for all cannabis consumers,” Bean said. “We are aiming to open our doors on July 1; our licenses are in the mail, right now we are making tentative improvements to ensure we are up to building code required by the state.”

The Fire House will be licensed for recreational and medicinal marijuana sales, will be carrying all products that are eligible to sell under I-502 law.

“We will have a large variety of products from dozens of producers across the state,” said Dan DeVries, sales manager for The Fire House.

In addition to having many new products, Bean and DeVries said they will be competing with the other two shops by keeping prices lower.

“Plus we are also working on a strong loyalty program we feel our customers will really enjoy,” DeVries said.

The loyalty program is still being developed but will be online, according to DeVries.

Additionally, The Fire House will be offering discounts for Central students, as well as discounts to customers who are attending events at the Gorge by showing their tickets.

Bean played college baseball for Edmonds Community College in Lynnwood, Washington. From there, he was drafted in the 17th round to the San Francisco Giants. After playing three years with the Giants, Bean went on to play baseball in both Europe and Australia.

Bean went from throwing fire to dealing fire and decided to join the marijuana business.

The Fire House is looking to start their hiring process in the coming weeks. Bean asks anyone interested in a position to send a resume to their e-mail [email protected]. Applicants must be 21 or older in order to be eligible for a position. For more information, please visit www.FirehouseNW.com (Site set to be active in the upcoming weeks)