Central Shows on Pre-Season All-GNAC Football Team

By Austin Bennett

Beyond Sports Network

According to Beyond Sports Network, Central Washington football has five preseason All-GNAC players on the roster for this upcoming season. Including a first team All-American in Isaiah Davis.

The first team preseason all GNAC players are cornerbacks Isaiah Davis & Cedrique Chaney, running back Jordan Todd, wide receiver/kick returner Jesse Zalk and linebacker JB Torsy.

Davis

Isaiah Davis led the team in picks with six, including three in a game against Humboldt State. He also finished the season with 50 tackles, eight pass break ups, and 2.5 tackles for loss as a cornerback.

Todd

Jordan Todd rushed for 1,213 yards on 249 carries on the season. He also racked up a five game streak of rushing for more than 120 yards per game. The final game of the season he rushed for 226 yards to put him over the 1,200 yard mark. He finished the season with an average of 121 yards per game and averaged just shy of five yards-per-carry.

Zalk

Jesse Zalk, the starting receiver and kick returner for the Wildcats had a total of 846 all-purpose yards last year. He returned a kickoff 75 yards for a touchdown last year along with two receiving touchdowns on the season.

Torsy

JB Torsy was the third leading tackler on the team with 64 on the season, 32 assisted and 32 solo. He did a little bit of everything for the Wildcats on defense with 1 fumble recovery, one interception, two pass break ups, and 3.5 tackles for loss.

Chaney

Cedrique Chaney was the team’s leader in pass break ups with 11 on the season. He also accounted for  one forced fumble and 28 solo tackles out of a total of 35 on the season.

Season Opener

Under new head coach Ian Shoemaker, the Wildcats will have their hands full in the season opener when they face the University of Montana on September 6 in Missoula.