Looking for a new place to work out? Athletic facilities open to public at 6061 Vantage Highway

BY DILLON PETERSON

Staff Reporter

If you are tired of the same facilities that the Student Union building has to offer on campus, go check out the Ellensburg Racquet and Recreation Center (ERRC) off Vantage Highway.

This club has a lot to offer and is free to anyone with a Central I.D. card. There is plenty offered in the full indoor arena which includes a soccer field, two tennis courts, a batting cage, three racquet courts and a small gym.

The soccer field is a synthetic heated-turf field while the fitness room has both Nautilus and free weights. Hockey is another sport that can be played at the ERRC.

After working out, members can freshen up since the facility has both men and women locker rooms are furnished with showers.

“Any girls can come out and play, and there’s a guy’s club team that guys can tryout for,” Samantha Zyskowski, President of women’s soccer club said.

Ellensburg Racquet and Recreation Center is open to everyone and anyone with rental options too. With rates per hour, you can rent the entire building for $90.00, tennis courts for $23.00, racquetball courts for $23.00 and soccer fields for $45.00. Or, if you’re short on cash, you can just come in and enjoy playing with new people.

If you are interested in reserving the court it is best to call in advance to make sure there’s an opening. Summer hours begin June 1. The ERRC is open Monday thru Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The facility is closed Monday – Thursday noon – 1:30, and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The ERRC is also closed on the holidays of Independence Day and Labor Day.

The reason most students have not heard of ERRC is because of advertising, and most don’t want to make the drive unless it’s for indoor intramural soccer game.

The Racket Club also hosts Ladies Night on Tuesday nights and Family Night every Friday through May.

Baseball players can come enjoy the batting cages during the winter to stay on top of their game.

“It is a really pretty awesome and lot of students don’t utilize it,” Zyskowski said.

From batting cages to indoor soccer fields, the Ellensburg Racquet and Recreation Center has all kinds of fun activities to participate in.