23-year-old man found in CWU parking lot with multiple stab wounds Saturday night; confirmed dead in hospital

BY Patience Collier, Assistant News Editor

UPDATED at 3:20 p.m.: According to The Daily Record, the Kittitas County Coroner has identified the Ellensburg man who died after being stabbed on campus Saturday night as Hector Mejia-Villa, who was 23.

Central Washington University police are conducting a joint investigation with Ellensburg police and the Washington State Patrol, and will be finished processing the crime scene at about 5 p.m. today. There will be no official cause of death until the autopsy is done tomorrow afternoon, but the search for the perpetrator is still going on.

Villa was found with multiple stab wounds in the Police and Parking Services 0-5 parking lot at approximately 10:45 pm last night. Villa was taken to the KVH Hospital for medical care, but passed away during the night.

Police are working with the coroner to determine the cause of death, according to Linda Schactler, Central’s Executive Director of Public Affairs.

Schactler said that Villa was not a student or employee at Central, and that the crime scene was still undergoing investigation by Central police services, who were also working with Washington State Patrol and the Ellensburg police.

The police are still searching for suspects.